With the amount of emails that most people receive each day, your challenge is to stand out from the crowd and enhance your chances of getting your email opened! People will judge based on who the email is from and what is the subject line. If you don’t make you email look enticing, then they may not open it! It is well worth spending your time giving your subject line a lot of thought, to enhance the chances of your email being opened.
Here are 6 quick tips to help you create a great subject line:
1) Be different. You only have a few seconds to grab their attention, so say something unique to stand out.
2) Prompt a reaction. Try and make them feel an emotion in those few words contained in the subject line.
3) Keep it simple. Don’t try and over complicate it and be too clever. You run the risk they won’t understand what you are saying, and the opportunity will be lost.
4) Make it memorable. If you can say something that sticks in their mind, then you have struck gold.
5) Consider using images. Small images in the subject line can help you stand out, just don’t overdo it!
6) Be consistent with your brand. Whatever you are doing, you should always have your brand in the back of your mind and be consistent with it. Everything you do can either contribute to building your brand or undermining it!
Select some samples from your database and try different subject lines to see which one works best. Remember to keep all other variables consistent if you want to get a true sense of which subject line works best. Once you have figured out which one is best, then send your email out to the full list.
Good luck and happy emailing!