Customers are awash with options, so how do they choose whom to buy from? More and more people are looking to buy from businesses that they feel a connection with. Price is a factor, but not everything. When prices are matching, they are also going to be looking at other factors in their decision-making process. This is where your “About” page can play an important role.
The “About” page is about giving potential buyers insight into your business and giving them reasons to feel a connection and confidence to buy from you. It’s their opportunity to take a peek at what you are all about and hopefully get confidence that you are right for them.
So, what are the keys for your “About” page:
- Make it brief – ideally no more than 500 words.
- Interesting – make it boring and you have wasted a great opportunity. No one reads boring!
- Customer focused – demonstrate how your businesses strengths will benefit the customer.
Key points to cover:
- Your qualifications. You want people to be confident that you are an expert in your field.
- Why you are in business. Why you are passionate about helping your customers. Make sure it is unique and engaging, not just a replication of what others in the industry would say.
- Cover a case study. Tell an interesting story about how you helped a customer.
- Finish off by inviting people to take the next step and purchase or get a quote.
“About” pages are important in creating a connection, establishing your authority in a field and can assist with your SEO. Don’t forget to do an “About” page and take the time to make it interesting! It’s your chance to stand out! Consider video as part of your “About” page to take it to the next level!